There's been a lot of stuff written in the last week about last Saturday's demo and the various direct actions around it. As it's been a slow blog week for me I've not really kept up so here are a few of the posts that are worth reading on the subject - although there's plenty more out there to choose from too;
- We have a few firsthand accounts of the feistier bits of last week's anti-cuts march at paperback rioter, Jane Watkinson, beyond clicktism, Jack Ray, Dave Osler, Shirley Ford, Darrell, Doc Richard, march the fury, Adam Ramsay the black bloc, and this interesting video account.
- From the anarchist side: Solidarity Federation wrote an open letter to UK Uncut which is worth reading and in turn Brighton Uncut responded to both of them. Political Dynamite also carries a report from the 'Radical Workers Block'.
- After the surreal experience of the Daily Mail attacking participants for being posh, a policy I assume they'll be extending to the Royal Wedding, Dave Osler came to the defence as did the excellent Kate Smurthwaite. HarpyMarx defends the tactics as does Beth.
- Madame Miaow thinks Dave Nellist gave the best speech on the day, Conor muses on Miliband's speech, which was always going to be weird as he's in favour of cuts.
- A major win for UKUncut who also received some very welcome backing from unions and NGOs after criticism of them following Saturday's demo.
- On the broader movement Gregor Gall asks what's next, Owen on why unity is not the most important thing in the world.