We've got an interest crop of linklettes for your today;
- Today is blog action day on water, if only I had time... however, among others these people did Crafty Green Poet, Doc Richard, Philip Booth and Ecomonkey.
- Robin Blackburn is a very decent sort. Here he looks at alternatives to the Tory deficit in thinking. North of the border Jeff considers a tartan tax and the Guardian explores what companies need from the government to invest in renewable technologies.
- This Liberal Democrat site is interesting. I get the impression that people like Spiderplant 88 and Chris Mills are not alone in feeling betrayed by their party.
- Liam highlights the firefighters' strike in London.
- I'm not a fan of the personalisation of politics on the blogosphere, but I think this piece by Andrew Dobson on Paul Kingsnorth's move towards a nature centred living approach is well worth highlighting.
- Important information about Ed Miliband.
Date for your diary:
Parliamentary meeting - Is it time to scrap Trident?
- Cathy Jamieson, Labour MP
- Tessa Munt, Lib Dem MP
- Caroline Lucas, Green MP
- Professor John Foster, author of Trident, jobs and the UK economy
6pm, Monday 18th October
Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House, Westminster