- Ian is in Gaza at the moment. You can follow his blog whilst he's out there.
- Unlike Government Ministers the police just like to stay in the warm. Whilst these coppers are just shuffling papers you'll find Jack Straw out there, getting stuck, getting his hands dirty, really making a difference that our bobbies simply cannot be arsed to.
- I notice that the German Greens have reached a record high in their membership figures. They now have 48,163 members, which a good size for a minor party and a small size for a major one. In England and Wales we have just under 10,000 (we'll be over sometime in January) - we ought to think of ways to triple this if we're to start making a truly significant impact.
- The Guardian has a piece on 10:10 the story so far which I hope prompts those who've managed to commit their organisations to the idea of reducing their emissions by 10% by the end of 2010 to ensure that this actually happens.
- Oh yes, and a happy new year to all my readers.
Thursday, December 31, 2009