Here we are again another week gone. For me, like many of you, it was spent coughing up phlegm and moaning about how ill I was. In addition to this I've sworn a death oath to destroy hotmail. Ho Hum on with the week's round up.
First, I'd like to remind people it's the climate march on Saturday next week in London. Be there or be some sort of climate criminal.
Sat. 6th DecemberThe picture is of me and my friend Liz at this event last year.
Assemble at noon in Grosvenor Square (oh, US embassy!)
See here for more details.
My placard says (don't) BEHEAD CLIMATE DENIERS (be nice to them instead, they might change their minds).
Liz's says CLIMATE CHANGE DENIERS MUST DIE (as must we all in time, such is the tragic fate of all living things). I don't know why she's looking all shy about it.
Not sure what kind of greeting card to send this year? Why not try the selection Red Pepper have on offer? They're classy!
It seems that Housmans, the lefty, peacenik bookshop is having a spot of difficulty. They're looking for volunteers to help out in the shop, asking for donations and there is a facebook group to save them. They say that "the current recession has hit Housmans (as other retailers) very hard. Unless we can continue to expand our customer and supporter base substantially and quickly we will not last for another year."
That would be a tragedy if a long standing radical bookshop like Housman's was to close. If you're near King's Cross why not nip round the corner and buy a few of your Christmas presents there - helping to boost the cause and keep this excellent resource afloat.
My top five spots on the net this weeks were (in random order);
- Apparently David Tennant has been doing Hamlet with a real skull. Whilst Frogblog thinks it's heart warming, I couldn't possibly comment.
- Conservengland had a very interesting and detailed post on empty homes.
- Sunny highlights our foreign secretary saying that "There are Indians who are Muslims, there are Indians who are Hindus… and there are Muslims who are Sikhs." Yeah, you've got to watch those Sikh Muslims - they're the worst sort. At least this was better than his plea to restore our faith in liberal interventionism.
- Maureen Lipman admits she used to take LSD. I don't know why this fascinates me, but it does. However my new heart throb David Mitchell is left unimpressed.
- And last but not least Mike from Haringey Green Party reports on fifty patients occupying a PCT board meeting.
Oh, and don't forget to vote in the poll (right) on prostitution and the law.