Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy birthday Daily (Maybe) - prepare the party hats!

Yes it's two years to the day that The Daily (Maybe) was launched - although rather irritatingly I notice that all the dates in the archive are out by a couple of days, so it looks like I ended my month long experiment on August 4th. Tut.

As I said at the time "Over the next few weeks I'm going to have a bit of an experiment and see if I can maintain a blog, almost daily, and be able to maintain my interest in the bloody thing." I don't think I realised at the time that I'd still be here on post 666 (really, that's the current post number). Which makes one post for 91.23 % of the intervening days - I think that qualifies as almost daily, don't you?

At the end of July 2006 I said "Haven't yet decided what to do with the blog - where to go with it. The healthy thing to do would be to say, groovy, enjoyed that, delete the blog and take up squash." You may have noticed I haven't yet got round to deleting the blog - don't worry - any day now! Prepare my squash racket someone.

Anyway, I'm rather pleased with this little milestone and have decided to make a bit of a week of it. This will include daily updates with a) the long awaited 'request a topic posts' that I haven't got round to yet, b) some reposts from things I've written over the last few years, c) a series of specially written guest posts and contributions and lastly d) a regular post on whatever comes to mind at the time, as normal.

I hope you'll like what I've put together for the next week and feel free to leave gratuitously over the top praise for the Daily (Maybe) in the comments box.

"Do not be alarmed. It is just a blog."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

stroppybird said...

Happy blogging birthday !!

thermalsatsuma said...

Well done on two years of most enjoyable blogging!

Here's a topic request for you - what is the legacy of David Icke for the Green party? Have you managed to shake the association with flying saucers and giant lizards?

Anonymous said...

Happy blogday.

*Ahhh, d'ya see what I did there?*

Duncan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duncan said...

Congratulations man, consistently a good read for two years.

Doug said...

Congratulations!

Jim Jepps said...

Thanks guys - you're the best!

oh god - david icke... sigh...

Anonymous said...

Congratulation, I hope to make two years...:)