At the risk of appearing a humourless drone can I just point out that the Monster Raving Looney Party is not funny and never has been. All of its candidates and supporters should be taken out and shot in their idiotic backsides, which is presumably where their brains reside.
They contribute nothing to the political process and encourage us to see serious political issues as pointless frippery. No, sod off.
Case in point: Mad Cow Girl - oh the fucking hilarity. Do you see what she did there? She has a silly name! Let the time of splitting our sides commence.
Let's look at her election statement shall we?
- She begins with a nerdy quote from the Hitchhikers' Guide about 42. Quoting something ad nauseam does not make it funnier thanks. It does mark you out as someone without the ability to think for yourself though.
- She then clearly aligns herself against civil liberties in the joke free statement "I may be a Loony, but I'm not mad enough to want dangerous people walking free in the name of political correctness."
- Suspected terrorists should be held until proved safe.
- Sex offenders should be held in asylums until considered safe (if ever).
- Antisocial yobs can rot in prison if they can't be sociable.
Reactionary - piece - of - shit.
Humour is a political weapon not an apolitical one. In other words, it still counts. Every racist who ever said "It's only a joke" knew it was a lie, but these bozos are too inbred to even know how fatuous they really are.
The MRLP has always been about dulling criticism, never sharpening it. Add to that tired statements about people having to prove they aren't criminals and you get something pretty foul. It reminds me of that Blackadder scene where the interviewer asks the silly parliamentary candidate about why they're standing. He says "Well, if you can't laugh what can you do?"
"Take up politics perhaps?" comes the dry response.