- River's Edge has an excellent editing of the Carnival of Socialism.
- An excellent piece in the Guardian on the naval serviceman refusing to fight in Afghanistan.
- The Coalition are planning to abolish the detention of children. Now please.
- AVPS asks us to remember our posties this Christmas.
- Kevin highlights how the Telegraph misled the public over a death in custody.
- The Weekly Worker has an illuminating review of a Christmas Carol.
"Dickens - and his protagonist, Scrooge - has to confront a contradiction here, between Christian religiosity as a bulwark of the existing social relations of industrial exploitation and impersonal finance, and Christianity as an embodiment of shared, communal life."
Thursday, December 16, 2010