More bits and pieces from the World Cup I thought people might be interested in. I should point out I'm not necessarily endorsing any of the opinions in these links, but I do think they are worth a look - otherwise I wouldn't link to 'em.
- There's an interesting Mum's Net discussion on the relationship between football and domestic violence.
- Olly Zanetti asks whether those who shun flags are just snobs.
- Talking of snobs the BBC (also) may be looking to purge them from our screens.
- The Guardian is having fun at the moment. Check out their lego re-enactment of Saturday's game.
- The Sauce looks at slum dwellers who are facing eviction during the Cup.
- Peter Guest tells us not to patronise Africa. It was great even before the World Cup.