Well, England beat the Slitheen team and most commentators agreed that England's performance was a little bit less mediocre than on previous occasions, as this typical piece of defending pictured no doubt demonstrates.
- Political prisoner Mumia Abu Jamal writes on vuvuzelas.
- Martin's blog takes issue with some scientific explanations of the difference between fans.
- Paul Watson meanwhile finds one Nigerian miss to be baffling to science.
- The question for England fans now is who do you want to be beaten by? Germany in the next game or Argentina in the round after that. Exciting.
- Oh, and do check out Radio Four's Look Away Now, which is pretty good for a topical sporting comedy.