Don't normally give two helpings of these a day but we've had some very special ones come in.
- Oona King is running for Mayor of London. I believe the expression is "facepalm". The article is doubly worth reading because it lists how many MPs each Labour leadership candidate has so far and how McDonnell supporters are bullying Abbott supporting MPs.
- A good link I've seen today is Brutish Airways.
- Following up from the BA direct action fuss yesterday I thought I'd post Martin Smith, SWP national organiser, on C4 news justifying the actions of his organisation. Other commentators that have discussed this are Lenin, HarpyMarx, AVPS, Air Strikes, Socialist Unity 1, Socialist Unity 2, People's Republic of Hove, Morning Star, Aled Fisher, Luna 17 the list goes on... More interestingly still it seems that the theory that this was youthful exuberance has rather gone out the window because exactly the same thing happened in Ireland the week before, so it now looks like a new model of protest for the SWP.
- In the Guardian a worrying, if expected, piece on how people are less concered about climate change. Meanwhile Lake Tanganeyka is hotter than it has been in 1,500 years.
- The journal Revolutionary History has an Iran issue out... looking forward to it.
- Last of all the Bolivian general in charge of rounding up Che Guevara has been arrested, for plotting against President Evo Morales.