- Caroline Lucas in The Economist. Excellent write up. Also notable for the fact that the Conservative candidate (who is basically Caroline's internet stalker) describes the Green Party as a "hard-left “eco-fascists”". Joy! She really is bonkers.
- Hurray for climate change which has stepped in to solve an international dispute. Specifically the 30-year dispute between India and Pakistan over who owns New Moore Island. Luckily climate change has stepped in to diffuse the row, by reclaiming the whole thing for the sea. No more island, no more disputes. Well done rising sea levels.
- Curiously Plaid and the SNP have issued their demands early in case of a hung Parliament. Alex Salmond wants a wii fit and Ieuan Wyn Jones has asked for Subutio. Good luck gents, good luck.
- Mark Steel has been quick to point out that Labour's election strategy involves them deliberately throwing the game. Matching fixing at work perhaps? As Mark points out "it's hard to find any other reason for accusing the adored Joanna Lumley of being "silent" about the plight of the Gurkhas, when she was the most vocal campaigner for them, against the government now complaining she's silent."
- There a very interesting article on the sexualisation of young people at Counterfire.
- "The highest devotion is based upon [sex], a very beautiful thing, and I am glad nature gave it to us." Sauce!
Thursday, April 01, 2010