Posting has been slow for a number of reasons, so in an attempt to catch up here are five things that I reckon;
- Iceland: why should the government pay back the money lost in the financial crash and thereby immiserate it's population?
The previous government mismanaged the economy and that's why it was chucked out and replaced with a left green coalition who oppose the policies of the neo-liberals that got us into this mess in the first place. Now the UK and Dutch government are whinging that a country with a population the size of Wigan should bail them out of the consequences of their greedy investment decisions.
- Islam4UK: I'm going to say it again. The media encourage the most anti-social ways of making your point. A tiny organisation pretends it's going to march through Wooton Bassett and become a national talking point for more than a week.
If you represent a point of view that actually has support in this country you have to move Heaven and Earth to get your point in the papers.
- Rod Liddle: will he become the editor of the Independent? Dear God this country's depressing when this is even a possibility.
- Brighton: good article in the Independent today showing the Greens on course for their first MP. This sort of thing makes me worried!
- US: Lastly I thought this article of feminism and the US health care system was interesting.