After our brief post-conference interlude the sports desk is back. A welcome development I'm sure you'll all agree.
- I've just started following extravagant nonsense a light-hearted blog on all things football.
- The Morning Star on I'm the UEFA President, get me out of here, here.
- Stonewall have a report on homophobia in football. Peter Tatchell follows up.
- The New Statesman is excited about women's football.
- Middlesborough footballers offer their support to laid off steelworkers.
- The East is Green explores how football should be run.
- Just so you know the Common Wealth Games don't need rail links.
- The Olympic budget black hole appears to opening up some new divisions.
- A quick I told you so on the Olympics. According to the Guardian 'Where your money goes' guide to government spending shows that this year the government spent more on the Olympics than the rest of sport put together. I said this in August - ha!
- The battle is on for the Rugby 2015 World Cup.
- The South African government is planning a shoot to kill policy for the 2010 Football World Cup. Great.
- Athletics boss admits he lied about Caster Semenya.
- We have more on the debate from bloggers Ben Solah, Third Estate, The Nation and Black Looks.