It looks like I might be in a minority here in thinking that a massive bailout to prop up the banking and financial industries is far better than the alternative. In the interests of science or possibly, more accurately, because I'm curious, I thought I'd launch a poll to see what people really thought.
You'll find it over on the right hand side;
What do you think of the US bailout plan?
- Good idea - it's a necessary measure
- Only if funded by a tax on the very rich - otherwise no dice
- There's no need for it - things aren't that bad
- Absolutely not - it will make things worse
- Don't know, could be the right thing
- Don't know, but it feels wrong