Even if you personally don't agree with no platforming fascists I still don't see this as a reason for going out of your way to actively provide them with one. Well the Telegraph disagrees and is now hosting new BNP poster boy Richard Barnbrook's blog.
Excuse me whilst I puke all over their patent leather shoes. Blaghhhghhhhh. Blugh. Blah. Ffffpt.
Among other exciting proposals ubergrupen fuhrer Barnbrook has for us in his "Blame the immigrants piece" include;
- The police should disobey the government and pursue their own sort-of-legal agenda. He adds "A free society is one where the police can do their job the way they want to do it." Although most of us would call that a police state rather than "free societies", but the haircut knows best.
- You know there never was any violent crime until we started letting in darkies and their communist friends. "Most of it [knife and gun crime] is being done by immigrants or by the sons of immigrants who have been protected by a despicable government desperate for the Ethnic Block-Vote."
- But what is to be done with our streets over run with all these "ethnics"? In order to clean up the streets send in the army. Yes. The army. I'm not joking, that's what our man in the Eagle's Nest is proposing. To get rid of guns on the streets we'll fill the streets with... oh hold on.
- If the commies oppose this sensible measure? Well the "human rights lawyers can scream all they want." Presumably in a basement somewhere, whilst Brownshirts tear out their fingernails.
- Those people who've suffered trauma should follow his advise "The last thing they should do is start going to those disgusting lefty therapists... Look at that word "therapist" the rapist....and that is what they do...." Gosh, do they? And people pay for that? It all sounds a bit rum to me.
Anyway, he's got a demo on for tomorrow morning. If you'd like to attend please ring him on 07869 243 129. That number again, 07869 243 129.
Some say the BNP aren't fascists. Balls. I don't know who I'm more annoyed with Barnbrook or the Telegraph for giving him a platform from which to organise his right wing paramilitary coup.
- You can join the Facebook group protesting this here
- I'd like to encourage you to write to Telegraph at email@example.com (see comments for the letter I sent)
- The excellent Tory Troll has the pictures that prove just how (in)effective Barnbrook's call to the disaffected white youth of the capital was.
- The Guardian now has the story.
- It appears The Latest got there before me.
- I've a guest post on Lancaster Unity, which is a really excellent anti-fascist site.
- Sunny has sparked an interesting discussion on this at Liberal Conspiracy.
- From where The F-Word picked up the story - and added some useful thoughts. It looks like some of my very favourite blogs are running with the story - cool.