It's time to have a second go at my experimental "suggest a topic" posts, where the reader gets to suggest what I post about.
Last time I had six suggestions (from four people) and I posted on them all - in fact it seemed to work rather well. So I'm having another go, if you'd like to know more about something or are curious as to what I might say on a particular subject feel free to leave a comment with your request. There are no guarantees of course, but so far we have a 100% success rate!
In the meantime here is a miscellany of links that piqued my interest in the last little bit.
- Cherie Blair is a socialist, and so is Tony - honest! Why does this conjure images of the last scene in Life of Brian where the guy shouts "I'm Brain... and so's my wife!"?
- Brian Paddick's election diary is rather funny, in an unintended sort of way.
- Sunny Hundal does a good job of taking apart the anti-abortion rhetoric over at comment is free. "If the case for reducing the upper time limit for abortion is so compelling, why do its supporters have to twist the facts and deceive to try to make their case?"
- In Italy they elected a fascist Mayor and a villainous right wing government and so we should not be surprised that not only are the political classes indulging in ethnic cleansing, the rightward moving population approves.
- The F Word points out that solar powered bras are not a very good idea... you'd have thought it didn't need saying, but it did.
- Jews Sans Frontiers takes the time to berate Alan Johnson. Thank you!