- Superman is the embodiment of brute, unthinking force. Impenetrable, invincible, flawlessly strong - his overwhelming military might is bound up inextricably with a fascistic moral virtue of perfection.
- When you are invincible you do not need to think. Be like Superman work hard, don't think.
- When you are a god - ordinary moral rules do not apply. He encapsulates the "no casualties" airwar where you inflict devastating force upon the enemy. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Oh no - it's a bunker buster!
- For Superman nothing is a challenge - big deal 'invincible man unharmed by bullet'. Why doesn't he pick on someone his own size? He is the monster truck of superheroes.
- Superman deprives ordinary people of their agency. We are reduced to helpless victims in need of saving. My hero.
- If only we could all be as patriotic as Superman we'd all have super powers.
Would things have been different if Superman had been a Communist? Click here to find out